09 10

Monday 15 August 2011

In France

This one is for this weeks http://thecolorroom.ning.com/. The colours were a bit shocking, but I found this photo of Abs in France with some pink and blue in...I followed the sketch roughly and enjoyed inking, misting, stamping, tearing and distressing. Not my usual style, but I think you can still tell I did it? I like having these sketch/colour challenges, it brings a fresh perspective, and I love a challenge...
I used one of the Prima masks and 'candy pink' from Cosmic Shimmer for the background. I tore up some K & Co for the lines...stamped with a horizontal text stamp. The flags I made by just tearing the paper into shape and sticking on sticks....(very technical, I know). I stamped some seagulls direct and some onto cardstock and cut out. The flowers are from Petaloo, and the journalling I did on my old, old typewriter. The jute was just artistically stuck with the title over the top.

0 comments: